The St. Jude’s Youth Group is currently a group of 8 – 10 middle and high school age youth who meet under the faithful guidance and leadership of Charles Bridges, Marianne Holmes and Toni Jackson on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Dinner is provided each week. The Youth ministry provides a safe, caring atmosphere for teens to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ and one another and also to help equip them to reach others with the message of Christ. The Youth Group is interdenominational with members who worship at different churches on Sundays. St. Jude’s is blessed to have the Living Waters Trust Fund that provides the money to fund many of the Youth initiatives. Here are some highlights of activities the Youth Group participated in during 2015:
- Helped at work site with the Carpenter’s for Christ Bennett’s Point Mission Project.
- Helped work with the children during Vacation Bible School.
- Worked with Bethel Presbyterian to distribute school uniforms and supplies.
- Assembled and delivered care bags to the Safe Haven Women’s Shelter and the Foster Care Association.
- Conducted a Prayer Walk through downtown Walterboro.
- Held an overnight lock-in to welcome new members and get to know one another better.
- Attended retreat weekends at Camp St. Christopher with other youth from all over the Diocese of South Carolina.